2. To reserve the Property the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (30% of the total rent due). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Owner will send a confirmation/acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent together with the security deposit (see Clause 4) is payable not less than six weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing, including by email, that the reservation is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owner is able to re-let the Property. In this event, Clause 6 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within six weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. A security deposit of €850 per rental period is required on payment of the balance in case of damage to the property or its contents, but this sum does not limit the Client's liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within six weeks after the end of the rental period or such longer period as it takes for France Telecom to deliver its invoice of telephone charges relevant to the rental period. Telephone charges will be deducted from the security deposit. The telephone charges will be as billed by France Telecom.
5. Use of the internet is provided free for Clients, but must not be used for illegal purposes.
6. Subject to the above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made only if the Owner is able to re-let the Property and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the Owner's insurance.
7. The rental period starts on a Saturday at 4.00 p.m. and ends on at Saturday at 10.00 a.m. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in the property after the time stated.
8. The maximum number of people to reside in the Property must not exceed fourteen (excluding babies) unless the Owner has given written permission.
9. The Client will ensure that no occupants will act in any way which would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties, particularly in the evening/night time. The villa is in a beautiful and tranquil area, and our neighbours live there for the same reason, so we would ask that all our guests respect the rules of the Domaine. Normal outside activities in the evening, such as the pleasures of good food, good wine and good conversation should of course be enjoyed, but loud parties and blaring music are neither appropriate nor allowed.
10. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. One set of bed linen per room and one set of towels per person are provided and these are professionally laundered (the cost of which is included in the rental figure) at the end of each stay.
Bedlinen and towels must be removed from rooms and left in the garage, any dirty crockery and cutlery put in the dishwasher, and rubbish from bedroom/bathroom/kitchen bins emptied and taken away when you leave. A final 6 hour clean is included in our prices, but the Owner reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition.
11. The Client shall report to the Owner or the Owner's agent without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Property, garden or swimming pool, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible. The Client shall also report to the agent at check out on the last day any known breakages, damages or losses incurred during their stay.
12. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client:
The Client shall be responsible for and supervise all children and adults using the land, the Property, and the swimming pool at the Property, and take all precautions to avoid injury to them. This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any Court of competent jurisdiction in England.